A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Be in a Book!

Via Neil Gaiman, you can bid to be in a book! Some of the authors are being cooler than others, promising phone calls and conversations, and characters to be killed or made love to, and others are like "Yeah, sure, I'll... uh... put your last name, in some form, in a book. When I write it. Which I may not do." But still! Good cause!

Also, a small sign that I may be playing too much Prince of Persia: I looked at a truck blocking an intersection while I was out at lunch, and thought, "I could just roll under it -- hit W and space."

At least I didn't actually do it, right?

Oh! And, to file under "Today I joined a cult" -- today I'm down 26.2 pounds!

8 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Woot! on that 26.2 pounds! :D

9/11/2006 3:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! just for the record... my 3 year old weighs 28 pounds! so you've lost a whole person!!!

9/11/2006 5:05 PM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

I read it that way too, Avocet, and thought "Oh Jesus, K, have a donut..."

Congrats, KT!

9/11/2006 5:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent work!

9/11/2006 5:30 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

How about I say I've lost 26.2 pounds? Better?

And the fun thing is -- I did have a donut! On Friday! With icing and everything! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

9/11/2006 6:00 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Woot! Go you :)

9/11/2006 9:49 PM

 
Blogger Day of the Hero said...

You totally should have rolled under that truck.

9/13/2006 9:00 AM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Wow. Congrats, Lady!

9/15/2006 4:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home