A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Reading weekend

I brought home a stack of paper literally about 6 inches high, and have so far manged to get through most of it. Three full manuscripts and two partials done already, with two more fulls to read in the next week or so. Yesterday was a bit of a bear (no offense, Doyce!), in that I was hoping to play a little Prince of Persia: Warrior Within to relax between manuscripts, but I got stuck on a boss, and after feeling like I wanted to throw my computer through the nearby conveniently open window, I decided that wasn't going to be the way I relaxed.

So I started watching some TLC -- Trading Spaces and Flip This House -- which started making me anxious about finding a new apartment and moving.

Plus I'd slept late, and hadn't made it to the gym in the morning, as well as already deciding on Friday that I wasn't going to do a 35 mile bike ride today, so I ended up feeling like a big ole lump of useless.

Luckily, today was better. Still slept in, but decided not to worry about it. If I slept til noon, I must need the sleep. I made Keeley fight the boss, and was able to move ahead with the game. I got through another manuscript, managed to watch TLC without breaking down in tears, and even got out and enjoyed a little bit of a street fair.

So... that was my weekend.

Oh. And for the record? I will not be commenting on any anniversaries tomorrow. Though there's one today I'm pretty happy about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home