A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Today, I joined a cult.

Don't send the deprogrammers yet. It's a good cult. After thinking about it for a while, and recognizing that I need a bit of a hand, I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting today. Now, I'm not saying that the leader was a little David Koresh-like, but I will be investigating other meeting locations as well, in case she's my only option at the place near me.

Of course, diet stuff goes hand-in-hand with getting back to the gym, and I LOVE a training buddy, so, any of my NY-based readers -- let me know if you want to hit the gym together! I know I can do the treadmills and the elipticals and the bikes by myself, and I love their Xpress line feature, but I'm hoping to try some classes as well, and those are ALWAYS more fun with friends.

Finally, I have to recognize my tendency to just sit and veg, whether that's with a book, in front of the tv, or on the computer, so I'll be trying to be better about treating those things (well, ok, not really reading, since that's part of my job) as a reward for a workout, for instance. Go to the gym for an hour, and I can allow myself to sign onto CoH. Walk home from work, and I can watch some tv. And I have to email my fabu friend Courtney, who teaches yoga, and see if I can get in on some of that.

So, yes. Cult. And this has nothing to do with the horribly apropos post on Doyce's blog today. I swear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Good for you. I've been trying to extend the length of the nightly dog-walks to try and help get rid of some of my jello-like midsection, so I know how hard it is to break the habit of vegging.

7/11/2006 5:39 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Good for you, ditto!

And, yes, I immediately thought of Doyce's post ... :-)

7/11/2006 5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home