A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

This is me

Ignore the fact that I've never bought anything at Nordstrom's, and I can't afford anything with the word "Dior" on it. It's still a pretty good representation, don't ya think? Check out the braid, and the pouty lips! And whee! I'm traveling!

Yup, heading out west to Denver for the long Labor Day weekend. Blogging to be sparse, unless we see some really cool stuff, and then I'll share. Promise! Really cool stuff to include Big Bad Voodoo Daddy playing at the Taste of Colorado festival on Sunday, plans to finish up the Fourth Shadow Shard TF, and the ooooh-VIP tour of the Coors Brewery on Friday.

Oh, and thanks for all the votes and opinions on the tattoo vs. piercing discussion. It's still 20 or so pounds away, maybe more, but I'm thinking navel ring. It's just about as far as I think I can push my mother. A tattoo might kill her. And we don't want that. Besides, what girl doesn't want more jewelry? I wonder if Tiffany's makes belly button rings?

7 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Fun graphic.

Remind me to tell you sometime my funniest belly ring story.

8/30/2006 3:27 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

You have a funny belly ring story dave?

*pictures Dave with a Belly Ring*

8/30/2006 3:40 PM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

I hadn't weighed in before, but you're making the right choice.

I'm not a big tattoo or piercing guy, but I do love the belly ring.

8/30/2006 3:54 PM

 
Blogger riain grey said...

i don't know about tiffanys, byt maria tash makes gorgeous jewelry for navel and other piercings - I have a white gold and opal dangly on my tummy, and a beautiful braided gold stud in my nose. :-)

her store is on Broadway near Astor Place.

8/30/2006 3:58 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

So, are we going to see you this weekend or not?

8/30/2006 6:16 PM

 
Blogger Ali said...

Um, don't you want a cute Coach bag or anything? Not to downplay the navel ring idea but... yeouch. There are way cuter ways to accessorize your sleekness - pain-free!

8/30/2006 9:46 PM

 
Blogger riain grey said...

actually, maybe I'm just freaky, but my navel piercing didn't hurt a jot. I was still waiting to feel it when the piercer said "okay, you're done!"

the nose was another story.

8/31/2006 11:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home