A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend lists (a kind of recap)

Things read: 2 Entertainment Weeklys, a galley of "But Enough About Me" by Jancee Dunn, part of a manuscript for work, and the first chapter of Terry Pratchett's new book "Wintersmith."

Things watched: last three episodes of season 2.5 of "Battlestar Galactica" (Oh.My.God.), "Elektra" on DVD.

Fathers in residence on Sunday: 3 (my brother, my brother-in-law, and my sister-in-law's dad).

Number of comments I've received from coworkers on my sunburn: 5, so far.

Times my family members have reminded me I always miss spots with my sunblock: lost count.

Munchkins buried in the sand: 2.

Things my sister hates, as expressed on a traffic-filled drive home from the shore: minivans, SUVs, vans, people from Staten Island, potholes, driving, Chinatown buses, rubberneckers, and congestion for no good reason (she'd prefer an accident -- I believe the phrase was "at least 100 people should be dead for this kind of traffic").

Most ladybugs on my person at once: 3.

I was going to write a lyrical, meandering commentary on lazy summer weekends, but I fell asleep on the beach and forgot what I was going to say. I think it involved making a submarine out of sand for my nephew, and enjoying a cold beer on the porch, but the rest is lost to me. All I remember is a few lists.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

I envy your weekend of rebooting.

6/20/2006 1:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home