A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Also, from a manuscript I finished last night

The following deeply humorous line (emphasis mine)
In the coming days, I came across dozens of other people reading US Weekly including several teenage girls, a man in a business suit, a hairdresser, and a sleepy-eyed night watchman. As hard as I tried, I couldn't see what any of them had in common. I doubted that all of them were lonely or bored with their lives. Even if they were, it seemed unlikely that this alone explained why they were reading this particular magazine. Clearly, there had to be other forces at play. And, according to Professor Michae1 P1att of Duke University, those forces may be best understood by studying the behavior of monkeys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home