A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back from the beach

Not exactly relaxed, since my weekend mostly consisted of trying to find a quiet place to sit that wasn't immediately bombarded by 6 children aged 6 and under. Now, I like kids as much as the next person, and my own blood relatives are adorable -- in small doses. And not, for instance, when they're running up and down the hall at 7 in the morning outside my bedroom door, where I am hoping to sleep in on my holiday weekend.

At least there was some beach time -- after the porch-cleaning, and the window-screen installation, and the shopping. I read "Labyrinth" by Kate Mosse, which I liked, but I hoped for more putting together of puzzles. It basically involves these three books which together make up a centuries-old secret, but there's never any real revelation of HOW it works. I like the how. Ah well. I brought a bunch of other books down to the Shore that I will get to at some point this summer, and I should be able to finish another couple this weekend while traveling.

And speaking of books, my sister had me look at a box of books she brought down the the beach house, and I found a galley I must have given her years ago, though I don't know where I got it. A limited edition, numbered, signed ARC of "The Pelican Brief" by John Grisham. I so need to check on eBay if it would be worth anything to sell. Anyone want to make me an offer?

2 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Ummm...

It's Grisham...so the change in my pocket?

5/30/2006 1:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, 7 am, huh... those kids must sleep in... mine are up by 6 (at the latest ) :)

5/30/2006 2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home