A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, May 26, 2006

And... we're off!

Me, for the weekend, as I'm heading down to the family beach house on the Jersey Shore, and "HtDaS" to my secret agent, with her top notch list of submissions. Soon, my pretties, all will be revealed.

At which point I will need to go about making up clever names for all the real people I talk about, some of whom might not love how I describe them in print. My impulse is to go with a name with the same first letter -- Michael for Matt, for instance, or Billy for Bob -- not that I have any Michaels, Matts, Billys, or Bobs in the proposal. Should any of you who ARE going to be in the book have any specific preferences for names ("you know, ktbuffy, I've always wanted to be a Fernando."), do let me know.

And finally, as I will be out of email and internet contact for the next three days, a little happy something to keep you coming back here for your fix of Lady Optimism. Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

I'll be camping inthe backyard with the kiddos. Wish me luck!

5/26/2006 12:19 PM

 
Blogger TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/30/2006 7:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home