A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Quick! While it's working!

So, the apartment is falling apart around us (and not in a cool Spike-and-Buffy way). It's like we're suddenly living in the wild, with malfunctioning toilets, Chester's cousin, and, worst of all, an internet connection that taunts us mercilessly. Wireless? it seems to ask. You want wireless? Oh no, I'm sorry. You can't have that. Can't connect to the dedicated network you set up six or seven dozen times in the last three days, repaired, set up again, ran diaganostics, bought a new router, and had several people look at. I tell ya, it's beyond frustrating.

I'm hooked on for the moment to one of the 50 some-odd other wireless networks my computer picks up -- none of which is the network emanating from the other room, for which I'm paying monthly. I believe this post is brought to you by the kind people at chuck.net, whoever they are. Yesterday, I was able to get a few emails thanks to the folks in Apt. 2C -- not that my building HAS an apartment 2C, mind you, but that's the network I found. I'm staying away from "poison pill" though -- you just never know.

In other news, before I go, remind me not to bother going to see The Prodigals again, please? They're still good. And the folks I met with on Friday at Paddy's enjoyed the show, but their sound is so very different than what it was when it was Gregory, Ray, Andrew, and Brian, that it sounds wrong. Off, somehow. I found myself twinging on a couple of the songs -- not that they sounded so bad, exactly, just that they were so far from what I was expecting to hear that the melody seemed harsh. Ah well. I did notice that Paddy's now seems to host the Mickey Finss every Saturday night, according to the banner, which I believe is Ray and Brian's new band. May have to check that out.

And now I'm off!

1 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yay Cousin of Chester! :)

5/22/2006 11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home