A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Busy busy busy...

... but you know how sometimes, being busy helps you feel MORE energetic? I think all my lethargy of last week was caused by feeling like I had to finish "HtDaS," and having that done and off my desk for the time being, even with an onslaught of publisher meetings this week, I feel ready to take on the world! Woot!

Speaking of "Woot!", we finished the first Shard TF last night, which was done with a minimum of fuss by a great group of people, many of whom I hope we can persuade to sign on for Shard #2 shortly.

In other news, for Mom's Day yesterday, I went with mine and two of my sisters to the newly reopened Morgan Library, which is really impressive. For a couple of reasons, actually, 1) for the collection, which includes drawings by Da Vinci, Rembrant (see below), Picasso, Pollack, Blake, and many more; letters and manuscripts from Frankenstein to Babar; and a library that includes not one, not two, but THREE Guttenberg Bibles. And 2) for the buildings themselves. Morgan built a freestanding library and office, and then his son added a library annex, all of which are beautiful, and gorgeously complemented by the recent renovation, which built a glass atrium to connect them with the main residence, and hold more space for lectures and the collections. Anyway, you can read more about it here and here. If you're in the city, you should go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

I think that the cosmic forces must be on an upswing. More energy around these parts as well.

5/15/2006 5:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home