A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Still beautiful, and yet, still winter.

Met my cousin and my sister for lunch today at the Rock Center Cafe, and had some amazing crabcakes (you may recall my love for crabcakes!). Gorgeous beautiful day to walk down to Rockefeller Center from my office, practically spring-like, and then I got to the restaurant, and we sit down with a fantastic view of the ice skating rink, and various skaters with various levels of skill, enjoying a New York winter vacation turned suddenly warm.

I just thought it was funny as I made an appointment for next Monday, the official first day of spring, and yet it's warm and sunny already -- though dropping back down into the 40s with a chance of snow for this weekend. This weather thing... man, it's funny. You gotta be some kind of expert, of "-ologist" to understand it!

*grins*

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Actually, I think that the only way you can ensure that you are usually wrong about the weather is to become some kind of "ologist."

3/15/2006 1:18 PM

 
Blogger TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

One of my friends was married to a meterologist for a while. Basically he said that their guesses were more educated than the general public's--which meant they could explain why they were wrong, but not necessarily improve the chances of being right.

He also said that he was glad he'd gotten a job in southern California, because you can say "warm and sunny" with no information whatsoever, and chances are you're safe.

3/17/2006 8:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home