A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Really Tough Day

Wow. Yesterday was a tough day. I mean, I had to get up before 12 noon, to go down to the New York Public Library for a presentation honoring several of my authors (two, with three books, and several more of our agency's clients) who were selected for the library's annual "Books for the Teen Age" catalogue. Hung out with Fortitude, one of the Library's lions, who then settled down with the rest of the crowd of librarians, authors, editors, and agents for a speech by Chris Crutcher on censorship, and why authors of books for teens need to talk about the hard subjects. I know, right? Boring.

(Totally kidding, Mr. Crutcher! Don't hurt me!)

Then, the lovely MJ and I went downtown to the Great Jones Spa for a little author/agent celebration. And man! Talk about a rough day. An hour in the jacuzzi, with a couple of dips in a cold plunge pool; a refreshing shower followed by a 60 minute massage (Thank you, Peter!); a detoxifying spell in the steam room; after which we were joined by MJ's editor, and spent another hour or so hot tubbing and chatting. My life is HARD.

I tell you, it was all I could do to have the energy to go out for gnocchi afterwards, then come home and watch a couple of episodes of "Battlestar Gallactica." Phew. At least today I have something peaceful and relaxing to look forward to -- dinner at my mom's with most of my family. Now THAT'S a good time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

You poor baby; I hope you recover!

3/20/2006 1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home