A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Erin go bragh!! And a happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! I'm looking forward to wandering over to Fifth Avenue at lunchtime and catching some of the parade, and enjoying quite a bit of Irish pride. I mean, not the liquid kind. The emotional one.

And on that subject, I think it's funny how today, I put so much more account into clothing choices. Not just green, of course (and I'm trying this text in green, but if it's unreadable, I'll switch it around some), but I also gave some very dirty looks today to people wearing orange. Though I guess, technically, it's Northern Ireland's holiday too. But still!

Anyway, I will take pictures later. And I have a bunch of green carnations on my desk to keep me happy when I'm not at the parade. Though I'll have to find a way to put one in my hair or on my coat, for when I am out. And as I didn't get to the gym last night, I will try to hit it tonight, get in a little steam room action (though my back's feeling a LOT better), and then commence my St. Paddy's Day celebrating. Slainte!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*needs to read up on Irish politics. Alot.*

3/17/2006 1:22 PM

 
Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

I'm wondering if I can get green sangria today. Regardless I'm getting hammered this afternoon at La Familia luncheon. My in-laws think it's hilarious that I can get smashed on three drinks and will then say, "Yo no se, estoy baracha," (I dunno, I'm drunk) to whatever I'm asked.

3/17/2006 1:23 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

That just may be my favorite new Spanish phrase.

"Hey, Kate, when are you going to do the dishes?"
"Yo no se, estoy baracha!"

"Hey, Kate, when do you think you can get back to me about that manuscript?"
"Yo no se, estoy baracha."

Yeah, it's all good.

3/17/2006 1:28 PM

 
Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

No joke, I get tons of mileage out of that.

"No me preocupa" is also good. Means, "I don't care" or "It doesn't matter / I'm not worried about it."

3/17/2006 1:31 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

*finishes reading up on Irish history while the girls chat*

3/17/2006 2:14 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

For the record, on a nice, warmish sunny day in March, when the sun goes behind the high-rise, it's too cold to stay out and watch the parade.

Video and pictures later.

3/17/2006 2:34 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

A happy St. Patty's day to you, too.

3/17/2006 4:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home