A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Busy and in Pain

Much excitement today as I trade phone calls with publishers on a nice deal I'm working on. Makes me feel very agent-y. The downside of my other various "feelings" today, is that I slept crazy-wrong, somehow, and every move I make sends a twinge of pain across my back. I'm falling apart. Couldn't even manage to put on stockings this morning, or bend over to pick up garbage on the floor. Fun.

Argh.

Still, even in pain as I inched my way to the subway this morning, I was cheered by a garbageman -- excuse me, santitation worker -- singing "Start spreading the news" as he picked up trash. And then my iPod chose to shuffle to "New York, New York" by Ryan Adams in some kind of happy synchronicity.

Anyway, looking forward to trying to get to the gym tonight, going swimming, and then relaxing in the steam room.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Ouchie!

Hope you feel better soon!

--Sean

3/17/2006 2:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home