A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Pushing paper

Spent pretty much the entire day so far drafting covering letters for contracts, making copies of said letters and contracts, collating all the papers so they get distributed to the appropriate places, mailing them, etc. etc. I'm surprised my hands aren't absolutely covered in paper cuts. It's a boring task, and one I would love to hand off to an assistant, but oh. Wait. I don't have an assistant. Still, at least my desk looks neater with that giant stack of stuff off of it. Just got a few, smaller, more manageable stacks to deal with.

Oh, and I had a couple of good lunches recently -- yesterday at Les Halles, which is Anthony Bourdain's restaurant, for all you Kitchen Confidential fans. (The book, not the short lived sitcom. Although that too was based on Bourdain.) And today, met an editor (and blog-reader!) for lunch at My Most Favorite Dessert Company. Amazingly rich peanut butter pie for dessert. Wow. Though the heavy, delicious and filling meals I ate are probably contributing to my afternoon lethergy. Still, at least it's almost 5pm.

Going to try to hit the gym tonight, wherein the hard part isn't just going, but going home after work, getting my stuff, and then going back out. Because god forbid I have enough forethought in the morning to bring my gym clothes to work. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

Woot! Success! Made it to the gym. And because I'm thinking I want to keep track, I did 15 minutes on the stationary bike, 20 minutes on the elliptical, and the Xpress line weight circuit.

3/21/2006 8:28 PM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

How is Les Halles? It's almost right across the street from work, but I've promised Kathy I won't go without her...

3/23/2006 11:54 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Honestly, I wasn't overly impressed, but then, I didn't have the meat. I'd like to go back sometime and get a steak. I think that would be delicious.

3/23/2006 12:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home