A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Still at home

And still in my pjs, waiting on the contractor who's supposed to come by today and look at the flood damage in our bathroom. Though I really don't mind having the lazy start to the day that this is -- slept in for an extra hour, really, puncuated every nive minutes by my stumbling across the room to snooze the alarm and crawl back into bed again. Good stuff. Think I'll go grab some cereal and settle in for my "work at home" morning.

Any week I don't work a full five days is a good one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Well...

Except that you are at home waiting for someone to show up and fix things. That has whole levels of frustration and tedium attached.

Good luck with the fixing and repairing. :)

2/07/2006 10:30 AM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I tried to convince my spouse that today should be hookey day, but she had to be all responsible and stuff and guilt me into coming to work. I didn't even think about using a "the plumber is coming" kind of excuse. That would have been perfect!

2/07/2006 10:40 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

For the record, turning into a whole work-at-home day. Not really much point of going into the office now, though I was looking forward to that sandwich I was going to buy from H&H Bagels on the way into work. Because now I'm hungry, and it's four blocks away, and the contractor's guys said they'd be right back...

2/07/2006 2:25 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

This is not, for the record, "right back." My stomach's trying to consume itself.

2/07/2006 2:57 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

Repair men always have a strange idea of 'right back'

2/07/2006 3:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home