A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Meeting, meeting, who's got a meeting?

My turn to post about meetings. We're getting into a busy time at work, when lots of foreign publishers schedule appointments to come to the office and hear about books we're representing -- which means more followup, and more mailings, and more everything, except time to get the rest of the stuff I need to do done. Got my writers' group tonight, and I haven't even looked at the three pieces I need to read, so I'm thinking my comments will be very off-the-top-of-my-head. And I'm sitting down with the two agents I've been talking to about "HtDaS" in a couple of hours, and will hopefully get a last round of comments before we can actually get this puppy out there!

I'd love to sell it before I have to go back and rewrite the whole thing, though the big Alliance shake-up of 2006 will have to play some part in it, certainly. If only to make things more interesting.

And isn't that a fun perspective to have on it?

In other news -- two weeks to my birthday! Yippie! Even got a present or two that I wasn't technically supposed to open early, but... well... I hate waiting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Very tempted to send you a present now so you have to wait... ;P

1/31/2006 3:40 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

*looks vaguely accusing*

*gives up*

1/31/2006 3:55 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Whoops?

1/31/2006 4:12 PM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Damn, lots of you have birthdays soon it seems, or just had one.

Good luck with the talk with the agents about "HtDaS"!

2/01/2006 1:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home