A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

This n' That

Went last night with the roomie and our friend Jay to a reading at an Irish pub of Max Barry's new book Company, which I highly recommend for any corporate cogs, or folks who like reading and laughing about corporate cogs. Plus, it's about donuts. Everyone likes donuts.

They're no cupcakes, certainly, but they are yummy and delicious. There's a Krispy Kreme around the corner from my apartment, and though the mixing scents from there, the McDonald's, and the Indian restaurant on the same block often combine in a particular scent I've labeled "glazed chicken McCurry... with fries," I still love 'em hot out of the oven, so soft they just squish between your fingers.

Ok, now I'm hungry for sweets.

Supposed to go out tonight with an agent I met through a mutual friend who's very funny and a blast to hang out with -- we bonded over bad Russian pop music and lecherous Italians in Frankfurt, though as I haven't heard from her yet today there's some chance we might reschedule. Which would be fine by me. Tonight's Knight Night in CoH, and I should make an appearance. I will anyway, but it'd be nice to get there sooner, rather than later. A girl needs her beauty sleep, after all.

Ok, back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home