A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Help me be a better geek

Given the morass of lies and confusion engendered by the previous post, I thought I better get something else up here before all my blogging credibility is lost. Though I suppose I should be grateful she didn't mention my stack of-

Anyway, moving on!

So, I'm going to the New York Comic-Con in a few weeks, and I thought I would ask my faithful readers and other interested passers-by if anything on their site, or any promised vendors, special guests, artists, or such looked particularly interesting. As comic book readers, is there anyone there that you'd say "Yes! He's an amazing writer of comics! If only he'd write a novel!"?

Thanks for your help. And please ignore the previous post, which is full of lies.

12 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Wow...

Kevin Smith and Frank Cho..and so many others....wow.

Jealous now. :)

2/09/2006 9:44 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

And do we get to play 20 questions as to what the stack is?

A little help Maureen.

2/09/2006 9:46 AM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

I read the title and thought it could be a 'coin operated boy' type post.

2/09/2006 1:14 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

So...next tuesday we need to have DJ Logos dedicate Coin Operated Boy to Noelle?

2/09/2006 1:30 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

I am certain that if you had to put together a coin operated boy then you would be a better geek. Think of how much programming would go into something like that to get it exactly right!

If day of month = x-y then proper resonse = "I am wrong and I am sorry. Please forgive my stupidity."

If question = Does this dress make me look fat then response = No matter what you wear you will be the prettiest girl there.

See - oh the programming nightmare.

2/09/2006 2:07 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Wow. You would use a coin operated boy to TALK?

Interesting...

2/09/2006 2:10 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

He'd be *your* boy so he could do whatever would please you.

2/09/2006 2:14 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Yes, I'm sure there would be pleasing... I mean... Ahem. Right. Moving on!

2/09/2006 2:56 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

*ques up Barry White and Marvin Gaye*

Still waiting for Maureen to spill the beans on the "Stack". ;P

2/09/2006 3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This is Maureen. I see you have more questions for me, and I am happy to answer them.

First, about the latex pants. I realize now that I was in error. It was Keeley who was wearing them. I appologize for any confusion. I cannot verify or deny ANY pants of Kate's.

Second, the stack. There are many stacks in Kate's room, but the one I think you really want to know about, the really huge one, the one with the *thing* on it, the one I can't believe she keeps in the open or has so MANY of, is ERROR 406 CONNECTION TIMED OUT

2/09/2006 4:11 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

*LAUGHING*

2/09/2006 4:19 PM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

For the most part I keep better track of writers then artists.

Brian Azzarello wrote/writes 100 Bullets which is a pretty good read. Also he has some western thingy out right now which is interesting simply because it is a genre other then men-in-tights.

Alex Robinson's "Box Office Poison" is a really wonderful sort of modern-day relationship / life graphic novel. He has a second one called "Tricked" I think which I've flipped through but not read all of yet.

Brian K. Vaughan did "Y: The Last Man" which was great and "Ex Machina" which I've enjoyed as much as I've read of it.

Think those are the writers I'd recommend from the list I saw.

2/11/2006 2:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home