A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Guys, look away

This here's a post for the girls.

*pauses, waits a moment*

Ok, are they gone? Good. I wanted to talk for a moment here about stockings, because this morning, in a rampant fit of "but I don't want to wear pantyhose!" I put on my garter belt and stockings. Now, the only stockings I have are actually seamed ones from Victoria's Secret, from when I used to go to a lot more swing clubs and out dancing, and wanted to look and feel authentic, but still, something about the fact that underneath my rather boring khaki skirt I'm wearing black seamed stockings, and can feel the strappy straps of my garter belt against my thighs...

Well, I just feel damn sexy. And I wanted to share.

Victoria's Secret is having their semi-annual sale right now, and I'm tempted to stock up on a few more pairs of stockings for more everyday use. That, and some long underwear for my mountain adventures to come -- not to be worn together.

And now back to your regularly scheduled blog.

13 Comments:

Blogger Miss Midwesterly said...

one word: wohlford's. they last forrrrr evvvvveeerrrrrrrr

1/04/2006 7:13 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

*Starts have Coupling, Steve rants running through my head*

1/04/2006 7:25 PM

 
Blogger Sean said...

Oh, I hear you, sister.

The way those garters feel, and then, when I add in the ben-wa balls...ooo! Girl, turn the firehose on me, 'cos I'm en fuego!

Heh...that was fun to write. Now to delete it 'afore anyone sees it and calls CPS...


--Sean

1/04/2006 7:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE BIG BOOBS TOO, DON'T FORGET.

SIGNED,
A FRIEND

1/04/2006 8:41 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Now if only you could have fishnets and be a hero, too (unless you've exploited the costuming glitch ...)

...

Oh, wait -- you're talking real life?

(blushes, ducks away)

1/04/2006 11:34 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't decide which thought I like better -- the stockings/garterbelt thing (which... hot damn), or the swing-dancing thing (which... godthatsoundfunit'sbeensolong!)

*torn*

1/05/2006 10:40 AM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

Now I am wondering what I have missed out on by not having worn stockings - curse you!

I am right there with you on the pantyhose being evil. Those have to be a man invention because um...damned uncomfortable and don't even get me started about how easily they snag.

1/05/2006 11:34 AM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

According to the USPTO it would be Allen Gant Sr. who invented pantyhose for Glen Raven Mills in North Carolina in I think 1959, they patented a seamless version in 1965 to go along with the just becoming popular miniskirt if I remember my fashion history correctly.

1/05/2006 3:26 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Aaron, why do you know so much about pantyhose?

I didn't read that post, by the way. Really.

1/05/2006 5:26 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

And why am I thinking that Aaron might be fun to have agame of Trivial Pursuit against.

1/05/2006 6:18 PM

 
Blogger Lela said...

*looks up and notices all the men commenting*

You sure got their attention, didn'tcha? :P

1/05/2006 8:24 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

I sure did, didn't I? Funny that!

1/05/2006 8:41 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Yeah, put the words "women only" and we're all over it.

1/06/2006 10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home