A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Fun!

Just got back in from a night out, and still coasting on a few beer fumes, and some really good music. Went to see "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" with my other roommate (not to be confused with The Roomie), and then headed down to The Baggot Inn on West 3rd Street in Greenwich Village to listen to my friend Judythe's boyfriend Brian's band play. And ok, I will freely admit that oftentimes I go to things like this because it's an obligation, but sometimes, as in the last time I went to see Brian perform, it was -- well, not a revelation, but still a lot of fun. Tonight, if you will forgive the non-grammatical (I told you I was drunkish), was even funner. Brian played with the bass player he had backing him the last time, with a new girl drummer (chicks with sticks = cool), and with a stand-in guitarist from another Irish rock band, who was Eddie van Halen-ish. (lots of -ishs tonight, but the rest of my adjectives seem to have deserted me).

Anyway, had a GREAT time -- the band was awesome, and the CD I have of Brian playing doesn't quite compare -- though I'd be happy to send any of you songs from it, and let you judge for yourselves, though he's even better now than when it was recorded. Afterwards, walking back to the subway and coming home from the bar, I had my iPod on loud, and had to keep myself from singing out loud. As it was, there was foots-a-poppin' all over the place. I guess I was just in the mood to hear good music played loud. In an empty subway car, with someone special, I might have even succumbed to the impulse and started dancing. As it was, I just filed a few notes away of songs that would be very very good to... ahem... dance to, at a later point.

And now I suppose I should try to get to sleep.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO WHAT? DO WHAT?

1/08/2006 11:01 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Wouldn't you like to know, oh Infidelic One?

1/08/2006 12:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home