A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Feel like I should say something, but what?

I mean, there certainly weren't any exciting conclusions jumped to today, were there? Heck no! No way!

There was some fun reading of the rules for the couple of face-to-face RPGs we're going to play next week in Colorado. Though I feel I should warn you I have a very slow learning streak when it comes to new games, I'm still pretty excited about what I've seen so far.

And I bought silk long underwear! Whee! I shall be warm and toasty in my sweet new boots and various wintery layers while we gallivant around the mountains. I mean, there will be gallivanting, right? I was promised gallivanting!! I wants it!

What else? I have three manuscripts I need to read by Monday, and friends to see each night, so I don't know how much CoX time I'll have. And the roomie just finished a game on his computer that he said I should play, called... called... nope, I forgot it. But he said it was good.

So, with a half hour left before I should leave to meet MMJ to go see Miss Julie tonight doing a performance thing downtown, I'm going to try one of the three manuscripts again. Later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hythian said...

A "performance thing"? She is performing on stage? Performance art? Theater? Share!

1/06/2006 7:46 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

It was a reading, mostly (we scooted at the intermission, and skipped the last three), but our fabulously talented Miss Julie chose as one of her pieces a character monologue she'd written, which she performed, then topped it off with a reading from an essay she was working on. So much better than the bad poetry that followed, or the "fiction" with a character named after the author that two of the other readers shared with us.

1/07/2006 1:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home