A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Quick question for the techies

Feeling like I have a bunch of stuff to do before next week if I don't want to feel like I'm leaving stuff undone at the office while I'm on vacation (does that makes sense?), so a real quick blog related question for the tech gods out there before I buckle down.

For a while now, I've wanted some cute little chart or table or list or something somewhere on the blog where I can note all my recent reads, maybe throw up a picture or a link from Amazon. The short question is if this is something I have to just do through the blogger template, like the links on the side, or (long question alert!) is there a possibly more complicated thing to create which is easier to update, and doesn't require my changing the template every time I read a new book and want to move it to the top of the list? Ultratart and Dancing Brave over there on the sidebar have something similar to what I want, I think.

Thoughts?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Can be done. Might be that we can siddown and work out while you're in Denver?

Basically, to keep it all in blogger, you'd have an 'old' entry that you'd go back and edit with new book reads, and then 'include' it within the main template.

Or, if Blogger can't handle that, you could make a link in the template to "recent reading" and just link to said 'old' entry.

Or buy a cool domain name and we'll ninja it all up and get you out of this blogspot craziness, once and for all!

Kmaybenot. :)

1/05/2006 10:56 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

What he said.

Seems to me I've run across services that will let you host/track your current read list, etc., there, so you could be just a click away. Never pursued them, though.

I know, for myself, I tried doing the What I'm Reading/Watching bit for a while, and discovered I churned through books too quickly and chaotically. To each their own, though.

1/05/2006 2:05 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

I keep track of all my books in my calendar anyway, but this would be just a fun way to share some of them, I hope. I'll look forward to chatting with you guys about it next week.

1/05/2006 2:14 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Hythian has a "wish list" on Amazon, I believe, which could be used for this purpose. You might want to check with him.

1/05/2006 5:31 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Well, I have an Amazon wishlist too, but I was hoping for something sort of pretty which I could keep on the side bar. Oh, bother it all.

1/05/2006 6:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home