A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

I love Saturdays

Almost four o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, and I'm still in my pajamas. Sometimes, you just can't beat a weekend.

Last night, we rented the Plato-unrelated movie "The Cave," which, unlike some awful films I could name, at least didn't violently hate us. It's a tricky business, finding bad movies to mock. Movies so bad you want to kill yourself have their place, but boring movies, shot poorly, are just useless for our purposes. Useless, I tell you.

Today, when I finally did get out of bed, I got caught up on some TV I'd taped (DVR'ed? Tivo'ed?) and put away the rest of our Christmas decorations. Left a few up that are winter-related (snowmen and the like), as opposed to Santa-fied. Did hope to get some writing done, but it's looking like that's much more likely for tomorrow than for today. Instead, I think I'll find out what happened at the Golden Globes earlier this week. The not-knowing's been driving me bonkers!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Movies bad enough to mock but not so bad you want to kill yourself...

Might I suggest trying some of the fine pieces of cinema dredged up from the deep recesses of Satan's jockstrap by the folks at Mystery Science Theater 3000?

1/21/2006 6:18 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Sorry. The train of thought led me to "The Reflecting Skin." I felt like it was telling me, "Just Kill Yourself...Just Kill Yourself..."

Great movie. Terrible theme. Wish I'd never seen it.

1/21/2006 8:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home