A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

HtDaS: yet another status report

So, after yesterday's adventures in files, I got the latest and greatest version of "How to Date a Superhero" printed up and gave it to the agent I've been talking with about it. Also gave it to another colleague for her feedback -- hopefully I'm not revealling way too much of myself in the workplace. Ahem.

And now, for your reading pleasure, my pretty much true but pseudonyminous (I love that word, fake as it may be) bio:
Katie Daniels works in publishing where she strives to be cool, trendy, and not reveal the depths of her geekiness to her colleagues. Before dating a series of superheroes and dastardly villains, she filled her free time away from reading manuscripts Irish dancing for beer at a famous New York pub, swinging a sword at a renaissance faire as a lady in waiting to the Queen, and answering phones at a London theatre. She is the youngest and arguably black sheepiest of her family, and likes kicky shoes. She has no plans for world domination.
That whole thing about having "no plans for world domination" may be a slight falsehood, but don't tell anyone, ok?

The next exciting steps are selling it for the big bucks, and then telling the people I'm writing about that I'm writing about them. I imagine a very entertaining OOC thread on the boards. Oh, and for my involved readers, start thinking about how you'd like to be referred to in the book. (Ain't I nice to allow you options?) I'm thinking real hero names but fake real names, or just first names, or something like that. It'll be easier for me to keep track of if all the details aren't different, but I can work around people's desires to be famous or not.

9 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

Good question. The short answer, I guess, is that you play CoH and know Noelle in the game. Living conveniently close to another "Involved Reader" is a bonus.

1/24/2006 12:53 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

This disinvolved reader keeps meaning to mention his own deep love of Irish, Celtic, and other British Isles folk music, and your bio reminded me to do so. RenFest Bands, the Pogues, Black 47, The Levellers, Clanaad, etc., etc. Love 'em all. In fact, I was in a Folk Band for awhile called The Bedlam Boys. We had instruments, we played them, and even sang. All resemblances to an actual folk band stopped there, though.

So there, now I've told you. I feel so much better.

1/24/2006 2:42 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Cool, Ted! Did you see the links on the side to some of my favorite Irish bands? The Prodigals do a fair bit of touring -- they may get to your neighborhood!

1/24/2006 2:53 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I will have to check them out!

1/24/2006 3:31 PM

 
Blogger derek said...

Just so I have it clear...

White chocolate to milk, and milk to dark, and white roses will do fine? :)

1/24/2006 5:00 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Sounds about right. Gee, this is going to be fun!

1/24/2006 5:07 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Actually...

It's Maltesers...preferably White Chocolate Maltesers. :)

1/24/2006 5:41 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Oh man, yeah, it -totally- is. I'm beginning to think some of you know me a little too well...

1/24/2006 5:47 PM

 
Blogger derek said...

*scribbles that in his notes*

Thanks BD! :P

1/24/2006 10:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home