A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Beer good

... foamy. (also: fire bad, tree pretty.)

Went to the Brooklyn Brewery on a completely empty stomach with a ticket for an open bar and a screening of Warren Miller's latest film, "Higher Ground." Lots of shots of skiers, with the audience reacting to every fall and landing. More so as the evening wore on and the alcohol poured more freely. Best part of the evening might have been when some guy asked my friends to settle a bet if they were lesbians or not by kissing -- which they did, even though they're not.

Then again, I might be able to think of a better part of the evening...

3 Comments:

Blogger Hythian said...

So, who won the bet then?

Or was that more of a "lets tell them there is a bet so we can see if they'll kiss?" sort of thing?

1/22/2006 2:06 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

What? Hmmm? No, I have no idea what you're talking about, Avo.

And I'm not exactly sure who won the bet. Probably a win-win situation.

1/22/2006 1:51 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool that you had good night. Have to admit I had a pretty damn good evening too, all things considered, for all that I'm still in Visit-withdrawal.

1/23/2006 6:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home