A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale...

It's not the sort of thing you normally think of on a cold night in October - "Hey, let's go for a sail!" - but that's exactly what I did last night, with a whole bunch of friends, to send Yi Shun and Jim off to Chicago in style.

It was chilly, and I was underdressed (I'd misunderstood our plans), but we all got wrapped up in polarfleece blankets, started drinking, and soon, being cold was just part of the fun. From the water, at night, New York really does look magical, and there's something about staring up at the Statue of Liberty from a boat that puts a whole bunch of stuff into perspective.

I got some great pictures too, which I'll have to post when I can get them uploaded to the computer.

Afterwards, most of us trooped down the street to a warm and cozy Irish bar, ordered some chowder, and warmed up in the company of friends. A great night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

S'funny, that's exactly what I did in Topeka last night. Oh, wait, no it's not. I went to the grocery store and then watched some TV. Close, though...

10/28/2005 2:48 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Maybe...

10/28/2005 5:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is probably going to sound weird, but everything you do sounds so strange to me. Travelling, shopping, fancy dinners, gathering with groups of friends for stuff like this... It sounds like something out of a movie or a TV show, not real life.

Of course, this says more about me than about you...

10/29/2005 12:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home