A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Catching Up

Blogger seems to be haunted -- perhaps a holdover from Halloween festivities, like leftover candy and streaks of makeup in *ahem* unexpected places.

Not me, of course. I had a (mostly) PG-rated Halloween weekend, dressed as Alice in Wonderland with the roomie as the Mad Hatter. Had two parties on Saturday night, so trained it from Manhattan to Brooklyn, then up to Harlem, then back home. Sunday night we went to a "Kiss My Mask" party at Swing 46, then yesterday I spent out in suburbia with my little munchkin niece and nephew, running from school parade to school parade, then out enjoying some trick or treatery. Delicious.

Not that I get to scrounge for candy anymore -- I have to leave that for the kiddies. And when my sister told the little ones they should give dear Aunt Kate some of their candy, the little mercenary souls that they are handed over all the little pieces they didn't want -- gum and fruit thingies and odd pieces of hard candy and toffee and generic lollipops. Not a piece of chocolate in the bunch!! They are so my sister's children.

Otherwise, I'm feeling a wee bit frantic to get a bunch of stuff done before I leave on vacation on Thursday. Hey, you're saying, didn't you just get BACK from vacation? No, that was work. This is about sitting on a beach for a week or so, reading, and not thinking about the office. But before I go, I have to get through another pile of stuff from the fair, do a bunch of deal memos, trudge through some submissions, and, oh yeah, get some fun writing done for a neat new November project I'm working on with some friends. More on that soonish.

And with that -- enough procrastinating. Back to work!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What exactly is a "Kiss My Mask" party?

11/03/2005 8:56 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Hey Avo - it's just a cute name for a sexy, snarky masquerade party. Nothing specific. This was, according to my friend, her third annual "Kiss My Mask" party. I think it was in connection to a website as well, but I don't know the link.

11/03/2005 9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home