A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I go blonde!

Ok, not really. But I did buy a blonde wig for my Halloween costume, and I did hang out a bit in the apartment last night after I got it, just doing normal, everyday sort of stuff... but blonde. I like it lots. It's a good color blonde, too -- not too light to make my eyebrows look freaky dark, and of a good quality, too, so it doesn't look cheap. I think I'm going to enjoy this.

Did I mention what I'm going as? Hmmm -- should I? Let's just say for now that the roommate and I are going together to a couple of parties on Saturday, and we have complimentary costumes, with room for another friend or two to join us. And I'm going out to New Jersey on Monday to see the little munchkins at their school Halloween parades, and then going trick-or-treating with them. I think they'll like my costume too.

So there's a hint -- it's kid-friendly, party-approved.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Does it involve vampire slaying?

10/26/2005 10:32 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Actually no, but I can see why you might go there!!

I'm not sure yet how my sister and her husband feel about my talking about vampires and slaying in front of the munchkins. I just remember one time I was wearing a Buffy t-shirt, and they didn't want me to answer questions about what she was doing on it.

Which makes the shirt sound weird. It wasn't, I swear.

10/26/2005 10:39 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yes, but thankfully you cannot use it as an excuse like I can. ;P

10/26/2005 11:02 AM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Yeah, have a Grim Reaper costume for this year, but when I go to my 4-year-old son's school party, I am trading my Scythe for a Magic Wand, and Poof! I'm a magician.

10/26/2005 11:44 AM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

The Kennedy family! Except being blonde I think that'd mean you were going as Marilyn Monroe and not sure how kid-friendly it would be to explain her and JFK's relationship... Hmm. Going to have to come up with a better guess now.

10/26/2005 3:39 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Hmmmm... that would mean I'd have to practice my super-breathy rendition of "Happy Birthday", wouldn't it?

10/26/2005 3:52 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

*mind wonders far and wide while pondering the KTbuffy rendition of the super breathy "Happy Birthday" song*

10/26/2005 5:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home