A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, October 24, 2005

End of the Day

Pretty much the end of the day here at work, and I'm looking forward to heading home, eating dinner, unpacking, and getting back online to play a little CoH. Ok, not so much "looking forward to" unpacking, and I don't know how much playing I'll actually do, as I kind of think my brain may not be up to it quite yet. I may take it easy and spend some time with my DVR, getting caught up on what it taped while I was gone.

But I just have to rant for a moment. Here I am -- sort of sick, or at least with a sexy Kathleen Turner rasp to my voice, still tired from a long day of travel yesterday, diligently working in the office til 5pm, even though I was told I could go home early and nap. But no, I'm here. Missing my family golf tournament today and everything. And where's the rest of my department? NOT HERE! My boss didn't come in, though I think she had an even earlier flight home than I did yesterday. My other colleague who was in Germany with us is enjoying some vacation time in Europe, and the one that stayed home to "hold down the fort" is in Vegas, baby, Vegas! I mean, really! After all that fuss and bother about making sure I came straight home after the fair and didn't take vacation time...

Well, fine. I'm taking Monday off to go out to New Jersey and see my little munchkin niece and nephew at their schools' Halloween parades, and then go trick-or-treating with them. And next Thursday (as opposed to Thursday Next, I'm heading down to Florida with one of my sisters for 10 days in the sun. If the Keys are still there after another hurricane hits them. But I'm not going to feel the slightest bit guilty about leaving. I've already finished my notes through Wednesday, and plan to get the rest done tomorrow or the day after, and send them to the Powers That Be with a subliminal "Ha! So there!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Good for you!...with the so there bit. Some how I get the Feeling that "Oh...don't worry about it...KTBuffy will be in here Monday and she'll take care of it..." played out while you were gone.

...and you anen't out there using your sexy Kathleen Turner rasp for Evil...I mean good?

Shocking...

10/24/2005 5:43 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Welcome home!

10/24/2005 11:54 PM

 
Blogger Ali said...

I want a job where I can travel a lot. Can you hook that up for me? Or at least get a tan for me?

10/25/2005 4:37 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

I can totally get a tan for you. Next week in Florida, that's pretty much my entire intention. That, and reading some books that have absolutely nothing to do with my job!

10/25/2005 5:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home