A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

I think MTV Europe is getting to me

I'm suddenly contemplating downloading a number of songs I've heard recently on MTV - probably because they're in English, and don't suck, unlike some of the other stuff on some of the channels. Still, I think it's a worrisome trend. I'm glad I'm coming home today.

For the record, some of the tunes I'm thinking of buying:

  • "Don't Cha" by the Pussycat Dolls - I know. This may be the most worrying to me.
  • "Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo" by Bloodhound Gang - This I may have heard before I got here, but has a certain kind of appeal. Plus, the video is silly and tongue in cheek.
  • The new Robbie Williams song, but I can't seem to find it on iTunes, so maybe that's a sign.
  • "Push the Button" by a group called the Sugarheads, or something like that. Sweetteeth, maybe?
  • "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt - he's got a weird, high kind of voice, plus some radio djs in England were totally messing on him, that the song sucks, but the chorus is ridiculously catchy.
  • "Precious" - but I haven't the faintest idea of who sings this. Is there a different version of iTunes for Europe? I'm thinking maybe...

Anyway, makes me feel better to share my craziness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hythian said...

All female pop group? Sugababes I think did a song called "Push the Button".

There is also a Chemical Brothers album by the same name, but guessing you just mean the song.

10/23/2005 2:22 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

See...I was right there with the Chemical Brothers too.

10/24/2005 9:46 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Sugarbabes. Yes, that's the one. Thanks. It's impossibly catchy.

10/24/2005 10:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home