A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Last night, I became a man.

I mean, a geek. Still a woman here.

But it was still a sort of rite of passage, I think. I bought my very first computer game for myself -- City of Villians, of course. I've bought games before, and even played the ones I've bought, but they were always FOR someone else. The roomie, mostly. This one, though it'll go on his computer to start, is for both of us. Eventually, when I get my swank new laptop, I'll put the game (both of them) on there as well, but continue to use the same account.

And I'm looking forward to creating a couple of new characters -- two villians, I think, plus another hero that I've been talking about with some friends. A revision of a character I made way back when on another server, but never really played.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool. :)

Kinda of a bummer that even with the swank new laptop, you'll still be restricted to the same play schedule -- since you and the roomie can't be logged into the same account at the same time -- but probably a good thing in the long run. (Less temptation).

10/27/2005 1:49 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

No, it's ok! Because he's much more into World of Wrcraft now, so a lot of the time that I'm not on, it's because he's playing that, not CoH. So it IS better.

:)

Depending on your perspective of my social life, of course.

10/27/2005 2:40 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Yes, schmoopie, that's what I said!!

10/27/2005 4:30 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

So...

What does one send for a Geek Mitzvah?

10/28/2005 10:15 AM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

A bouquet of pencils and a pocket protector?

A tin of Penguin mints?

A case of 'Water Joe' ( caffienated water )?

I've seen caffienated soap, I wonder if they have caffienated shower gel or body wash yet?

And all kidding aside, glad that you'll be playing CoV too!

10/28/2005 11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home