A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sneezy the Dwarf here

1pm here, or thereabouts, and I've been going pretty much nonstop since 8am.  Yawn.  The sniffling's actually calmed down a bit - yummy drugs - and I can deal with a sore throat through my plethora of sooooooothing cough drops.

Though I'm not sure how much is being sick, and how much is dealing with the smoke that hangs over every room, every meeting. Last night, it hovered over the crowd at the party like a noxious cloud. After a while, as much as one wants to be social, and network, you have to get out and breathe fresh air again.  It's not too bad here, but then, this is a no-smoking section. 

Took the S-bahn last night from one party to the next, and felt like a proper travelor getting about by public transport, rather than just relying on the company expense account and a fleet of German taxis.

And while there's more I could say, I'm going to fire this off before I get interrupted again.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE LOVE YOU. COME HOME.

-the infidel

10/19/2005 10:06 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yeesh...

Have completely forgotten about the heavy blue clouds of tobacco in every enclosed space in Europe.

You sure this is a work trip you are on...and not some sort of extended holiday diguised as a paid vacation?

10/19/2005 10:08 AM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Take care of yourself!

If your throat is bugging you when you wake up in the morning, after having had a night sleeping in a room with ( hopefully ) clean air, you probably got a cold and need some cold medicine.

10/19/2005 11:21 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Yay! The Infidel misses me!

:)

Yes, I'm pretty darn sure it's work. If it were fun, I would have skipped the 16 or so meetings I had today and just enjoyed being in Germany. But no, I was a busy, busy bee, talking to lots and lots of publishers.

Trivia bit of the day -- while most Europeans greet you (when you're not sick, that is) with two kisses, one on either cheek, the Dutch are known for their exhuberant three kisses. Friendly lot, those Dutch.

I've just got a short break now to get a few little things done before I meet my boss for tonight's round of parties. Hopefully, dinner is involved, since I never did manage to have lunch.

10/19/2005 1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, you are cracking me up with these tidbits and I welcome the laugh.

Hope you are having a good trip.

10/19/2005 1:31 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Oh, yes...

Another round of parties...sounds rough that. :D

I mean, whatever shall you do when you came back to you non-party every night normal life. ;P

10/19/2005 1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home