A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Feeling somewhat better

Actually, my back is all better, but I'm still feeling seriously sniffly. Oh-so-pretty. I hope my supply of Sudafed doesn't run out, or I'll have to brave the German pharmacies.

Also, interestingly enough, sirens here sound just like they do in the movies. I hope the Stasi aren't on their way to arrest me.

Oh, and for a laugh, this is what the hotel considers an "American" breakfast: "Scrambled eggs with bacon, chicken wings and baked beans, muffins, cornflakes and maple syrup, fresh fruits, jam and honey, selection of rolls, toast and butter or margarine, coffee or tea." Yes, that said chicken wings and baked beans. So not what I want to see on a plate first thing in the morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Baked beans sounds more British than American.

It's the "cornflakes and maple syrup" that worries me ...

10/18/2005 9:12 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

But what about the Cold Pizza?!?

You can't have an American Breackfast without Cold Pizza. ;P

10/18/2005 9:26 AM

 
Blogger Ali said...

That rocks! I'd be all over it!

10/18/2005 9:46 AM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I thought "American Breakfast" was the rest of the beer you didn't finish the night before and the last half of the Snicker's bar you left on the nightstand.

10/18/2005 11:08 AM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Damn.. That breakfast sounds more like breakfast, lunch and dinner to me.

At least it didn't include grits. Grits frighten me.

10/18/2005 11:28 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Depends...

I have had really good Grits (the Cajun place in town has great grits...that they sometimes put cheese in.....mmmmm....yummy), and I have had nasty grits (any chain resturant/truckstop in the south).

10/18/2005 12:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home