A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Just a quick post...

... on my way out the door to a cocktail party. Although I've been told already that the food is amazing, which is good, since it's probably my dinner. Got another party starting in two hours, where I have to meet some colleagues, and I just came from drinks with some Japanese that we work with. It's ok though -- I drank orange juice. With vodka, sure, but OJ, because I'm taking care of myself!

Walked over with my boss and our London colleague to the halls of the bookfair this afternoon, and got all oriented, though I'm mostly all in the same place tomorrow, and I have a pretty good sense of direction. Plus, the signs are all in German, French, and English, so I don't make a fool of myself pushing open doors when I should be pulling them, etc. etc.

Went to a meeting this afternoon at the Frankfurter Hof, which was a bit of a madhouse with editors and publishers and agents and scouts all running around, trying to steal a quiet corner to speak. It's kind of how I imagined the fair would be, though the halls themselves are wide and open and seemingly organized. We'll see if I'm still saying that tomorrow.

Ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Ummm...yeah....the OJ might help a little...but go to the building with the green cross on it and get something to help you out there ya sickie you. :)

10/18/2005 9:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home