A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Shoes, so I love it!!

I suspect today's going to be just as busy as yesterday was, but I just learned how to connect to the office from home, so at least I don't have to think about coming into work this weekend to get stuff done. Thank God and the Powers That Be.

Anyway, though I'm over-the-moon excited about seeing Serenity tonight, last night I saw "In Her Shoes," which was really adorable. I mean, yes, it's a chick flick, but I love those. And I love shoes, so this was pretty much a given. (Even though my feet are momentarily pissed at me, and sport various band-aids for various blisters because of various shoes.) Cameron Diaz plays yet another blonde babe, but there's actual depth to her character, and Toni Collette is absolutely winning as her big sister Rose. And Shirley MacLaine, as their grandmother, is wonderfully natural. Really natural. Like, lines on her face, liver-spotted hands natural.

And the shoes! Oh. Just so pretty. Rose has a line, almost directly from the book though I can't find my copy to quote directly, which is pretty much exactly how I feel about shoe-shopping. Bascially, she says she buys them when she's feeling down, and wants to feel better. "Because clothes look horrible on me, food just makes me fatter, but shoes... shoes always fit."

Which I can empathize with. So, in honor... today's shoes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

*smiles and laughs*

9/30/2005 12:00 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

And the move is on my list of things to see when it comes out on DVD.

Toni Collette always does a great job in any moveie I have seen her in....which I why it is on my list of movies to see.

Not the shoes.

P.S. *psst* Love your feet more...owie.

9/30/2005 12:03 PM

 
Blogger Ali said...

I totally wanted to see that with you but unfortuantely I was schlepping filet mignon to rich folks.

Super cute shoes, by the way!

10/02/2005 1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home