A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Publishing blogs to read

Just posting this here real quick because I want to remember to go back sometime and read over these blogs from publishing industry insiders: Miss Snark and Agent 007.

In other news, I would really love a whole day that I could come into the office, sit here at my computer, and write. But that's so not going to happen. And I need to get something written, since I'm up next Monday in our writers' group, and I have nothing yet to submit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hythian said...

Ooh. You are in a writer's group? How does that work? What is that like? Do tell, inquiring minds want to know.

9/26/2005 8:54 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

It's pretty cool, actually. My friend Matt had a friend who wanted to put a group together, so the roomie and I signed on, along with some others, til there's about 8 of us, with a few rotating members depending on who's in or out of town. Basically, we meet every couple of weeks, decide in advance (usually at the previous meeting)who's going to submit work, send that around by email, and when we meet, spend 30 to 45 minutes discussing it, then hand over notes.

I've found it very helpful. I'm not good at revisions, but this has helped me redraft stories, or rather, convinced me that a story I had was the beginning of a novel, as well as helping me revise the Nanowrimo novel I wrote last year. That's a lot of use of the word "help" there. See, if I had my writer's group look over this, I'm sure they'd come up with some suggestions to improve my comment-leaving.

I'm hoping to share with them the proposal for "How to Date a Superhero," if I get it reworked in time.

9/26/2005 9:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home