A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

I got a bucket!

I am now the proud possessor of a "Kate's Incredibly Useful Bucket," a big red cardboard cutout which now hangs in prominent display in my little cave, part of an amazing marketing plan for a book from an interested publisher. This is why I love, love, love children's books!!! Where else would I get a bucket?

Just too cool.

Anyway, I'm heading down to the Jersey Shore this evening for the long weekend. Actually, I'm heading UP to Westchester to meet my sister and get a ride with her DOWN to the shore, since Penn Station is still unaccessible due to the RNC.

But I'm looking forward to what promises to be a nice weekend, weather-wise, and I've got a number of books I'm looking forward to reading:

BRIMSTONE by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

GIRLS IN PANTS by Ann Brashares

THE TRUE PRINCE by J.B. Cheney

WHAT WOULD BUFFY DO? by Jana Riess

And my sister has a copy of IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BIKE by Lance Armstrong for me.

That should keep me busy for a couple of days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home