A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Synchronicity: not just a Police LP

One of the major ideas I've taken from our GiveEasy Girls meetings is the concept of synchronicity. Of things happening for a reason, of serendipitous events. It's a bit like fate, but without the sturm und drang overtones that can weigh fate down with leaden connotations. Synchronicity is happier, bouncier. More of a sense of "Hey, check it out! How cool!"

So I've enjoyed looking for the little connections. Today I finished reading a manuscript called "The Love Spell" that was all about synchronicity, and, obviously, love. A little bit wicca and a little bit wise, the author reveals that you can ask for love, can even cast spells to make it happen, but the truest realization of eros comes at the right time for it, not exactly when you're not looking for it, but when you're ready for it.

So on that note, I'm thinking a little bit more seriously about a wacky idea I had. A couple of days ago I got an email from American Airlines advertising reduced mileage awards, and checked it out, to see where I could go for the bargain rate of 15,000 miles, rather than 25,000. Nova Scotia, I found out.

Huh. Isn't that interesting, I thought. I'd never been to Nova Scotia, but something about the idea intrigued me. So, last night, with this phantom thought jogging around in my head, I went to the website of the tourist board for Nova Scotia, just to see what's what.

And found that a major Celtic music festival will be held in Nova Scotia in October.

Is it kismet? Karma? Fate?

It's something I would love to go to, but I'm a little bogged down right now in the details. Could I make it work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home