A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Arachnophilia?

Had another strangely detailed dream last night (no, not about Lance Armstrong again). This one featured me taking a meeting in a big conference room with my boss and another higher up at work. For some reason, I got a bouquet of flowers, which had a big brown spider on them. First my boss picked up the spider and moved it away, only to have it come back, then the other agent did, only to have the spider come back again, with a bigger and thicker web connecting it to my flowers. We then cut the web, which was practically rope-like by this time, and moved the arachnid away for the third time, but still within the room.

When I told a friend at work the dream this morning, she said it sounded as if there was something I wanted to talk to my boss and the other agent about, but that it kept getting put off. Stangely enough, I *know* I had an office in the dream. So I think that's a sign. And I'm all about following dreams, signs and portents in recent days.

To further add to the wacky heebie-jeebies, I did a quick search online for meanings of spiders in dreams, and found this on the web:

Spiders -- All spiders except tarantulas are omens of good luck. If you see a spider climbing the wall you will have your dearest wish come true and if you see a spider spinning a web you will have an increase in your income due to hard work. A large spider sitting on a telephone shows you will have a phone call that will benefit you greatly. The larger the spider, the bigger the rewards.

And then, as if that's not enough, I got an email from Maureen, completely randomly, with the following bit of trivia:

Do you know that you are never further than 3 feet from a spider at any given time?

Spooky, huh? I think I'm gonna go ask for an office again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home