A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Tuesday morning rant

Nothing much to say, 'cept I feel I should write something. (I'm really getting quite good with this whole html thing. Lookee my italics!)

I'm supposed to have written 8 pages on a taboo subject for tonight's GiveEasy Girls meeting, and I have about two, if you consider a completely tame non-sex scene "taboo." Which I don't. It fits in somewhere in one of the novels I'm working on, except I'm not so certain I have an interest in writing this novel anymore, so what's the point of adding in these extra scenes? It was going to be a single girl in the city style chick lit, with a dash of "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty." The idea was that our heroine imagines having sex with all sorts of men, while struggling through her otherwise tame existence searching for something real.

Jeez, that sounds thrilling. I'm sure a publisher is just going to snap that one up. Not.

I'm much more adventurous in my head. I'm supposed to go out with the girls on Thursday night to a Shecky's event thing, and I have this fab idea of picking up a guy there and finding a quiet corner for some nooky, or full on heading back to his place for some hot summer lovin'. But really, like that will happen. And then I'll just be even more disappointed than if I never thought of it in the first place. Too much planning just equals disappointment.

Take the shore party this past weekend. Or don't. None of my friends did. Which is fine, I understand. Or I can tell myself I understand. After all, it's a two-hour train ride from the city, both directions, and as it's not really my house, I'm not usually in a position to offer accomodation. So a four hour trip to a party? I'm not surprised no one came, especially as the weather was icky. But I'm one of those damn creative writer type people, and my little head can imagine all sorts of things, so when none of them happen, it just turns into a sort of non-party for me.

Plus, monsoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home