A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Strike Update

No, I don't represent tv writers, but I still absolutely support them in their strike. How can you show your support? Avoid tv on DVD, or on the internet. Writers are striking to get paid for those views.

Remember when we used to be able to watch reruns on tv between seasons? It doesn't happen anymore because those shows go right onto the internet for available download. Now, when everyone's being treated fairly, I love being able to get caught up on my tv sitting in front of my computer. Since I learned that those viewings are being termed by the networks as "promotion," and don't make their writers any money? Not so much.

Keep reading.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home