A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Holiday! And TV-related ephemera.

Not really a holiday, but between a personal day on Wednesday for Halloween, a sick day yesterday, and another personal day today to get ready for my sister C's wedding, it feels like a vacation! Except for all the coughing, wheezing, and sneezing, of course.

Still, Doyce arrived early this morning, so that's good, and I'm feeling slightly more alive than yesterday, although I definitely need to get some more cold medicine. I may even eat more than one meal a day! Wild, crazy stuff.

Anyway, yesterday being what it was, I did not get a chance to remark on the exciting good news. Trust me, I'm THRILLED! Though we have to wait until the end of the Writers Strike (and did that happen yet? i thought the 31st was the deadline? It kept me up all hours on Tuesday night -- although part of that may have been my cold), good stuff like this is worth waiting for.

In other tv-related news, the roomie and I have given up on Bionic Woman. It just wasn't holding my attention, and when I found myself with several hours worth of episodes backed up on the DVR, with no interest in watching them, we decided to give it up. I'll save my Ron Moore love for Battlestar. Which reminds me -- must check out the mini-episodes online!

And did you catch the "pilot" of the new season of Veronica Mars. Only online, but such a show I'd love to see more of! If only...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

The Writers Strike is, indeed, it seems, on. http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2532

Understand what you're saying about BW, though I'm still sticking with it (Margie notes, rightly, that the "15 year old sister who looks nothing like 15 years old" takes a lot of the oomph out of the human relationship story).

I am, though, getting tired of plots that rely on people keeping secrets that, y'know, they probably wouldn't in real life.

I have, though, turned the DVR off on Journey Man and a couple of other series that it was clear I wasn't going to et around to watching.

11/02/2007 5:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel free to delete this comment. This is your cousin Steve from Massachusetts. I found a video of your parents weddding, and have put it up on youtube. Search for your last name + wedding.

Please let me know at if you get this at steve.mylastname@att.net

11/03/2007 2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home