A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Woot! And a strike!

Might have coughed up a lung here or there, but my sister's wedding yesterday was a blast and half. She looked gorgeous and happy, her hubby (my new brother-in-law) never stopped smiling the whole day, and everyone had a great time. One of my favorite moments -- realizing I'll have a dance partner for the rest of the weddings I go to for the rest of my life. Yay!

In other news, the Hollywood Writers Strike is on. Working in book publishing, it's easy to sometimes say, "well, they can just go write a book for something, right?" But it's not that easy. For more information about the cause (which is worthy) and the strike itself, I learned a lot from these links:

Two via Neil Gaiman's blog (yes, Neil's also on strike), here and here.
And one from Jane Espenson's blog, here.

Also, this is a totally awesome ad that ran in the Hollywood press, indicating a whole bunch of show runners' and producers' support of the strike.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home