A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up

Sad news, shoe-philes. I took a trip Saturday morning down to a bridal store a couple of miles away from our shore house in New Jersey, to look at the Salon Shoes I liked and to try to get a sense of sizing. Which I did, but unfortunately, I also discovered that the plum color I hoped would be a match for my purple was in fact the wrong shade. Poppycock!!

Still, reading this renewed my hope. And I still have to brave the Herald Square crowd to check out Macy's, where the Monkey Queen said she saw some possibilities for me. And there's always DSW.

Anyway, it was a disappointing weekend. Saturday was a nice beach day, but I think I did something funny to my back on Friday, carrying my weekend bag (or maybe the five books I brought down to read over the weekend), so after a couple of hours sitting on the beach, I had to go home and take a hot shower and some ibuprofen. And Sunday was drizzly and overcast, so I came home early -- at least Doyce and I were able to get some playtime in for the Brightsides, who are up to level 20 and have swanky new business suits.

Anyway, 4 days til Denver.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home