A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Shoes!!

Hooray, hooray, hooray! I may just have found my wedding shoes!

*does a little happy dance*

CapriNow, I haven't actually tried them on or anything sensible like that, but after reading about another bride's purchase on Amazon (I know, Amazon!) of her wedding shoes, I figured I would do a search there as well. I typed in "Purple Evening Shoes" and came up with a whole line by designer Salon Shoes, which has several different styles that come in an assortment of colors, including plum. Amazon didn't have the colors shown, just their names, but I tracked down the company's website and got to see sample swatches. So here's my top three choices.Charlotte
I'm leaning towards Monaco right now, because I love the little buckle. WMonacohat do you think? There's a couple of stores in NYC where I can go and try them on, and then just go back and order them through Amazon. I think that would probably save time, instead of ordering several different styles and sizes and returning the ones I don't like.

It's all very exciting. Piece by piece, my wedding outfit is coming together!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the ones with the buckle, the extra wrap-around-the-ankle thing is what does it for me. DEFINITELY go try them on locally, not just for size. The last thing you want on your wedding day is to be thinking about how uncomfortable your shoes are. New York gal or no, there has to be a balance between comfort and style on such a big day

8/15/2007 1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think about whether or not the buckle might get caught on your hem or crinoline (or whatever is under your dress).

8/15/2007 8:04 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Charlotte. I'm sorry, but those buckles just don't do it for me...they're so square!!!

8/16/2007 12:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home