A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Who are you, and what have you done with my suitcase?

Ummm... because it's full. And I'm still sitting here with my pjs on, with some stuff in the bathroom, a suit jacket, and a dress still to fit into the bag. Hmmm, I say. I suppose the fact is I'm more careful and neat about fitting things into my bag on the way out for a trip. On the way home, one just naturally assumes that everything will fit back in with the same ease (notwithstanding any additional purchases -- but I can't think that little munchkin clothes take up THAT much room). Anyway, it's a process. To be fair, my suitcase does expand, and I can always unzip that portion of the bag and have plenty more room.

But that seems like giving in.

Anyway, that's where I am. Sitting in my room, half-packed, still in my pjs, trying to decide on breakfast and my morning's activities. We drove past Rodeo Drive on the way to the party last night, and it was a little further than I thought it would be. That's the way it always seems to be in LA. And what? I thought I'd find a bargain there? Unlikely!!

Unfortunately, it's a little too overcast and not-nice out for my plan B: sit by the pool and read. I mean, I suppose I still could, but I've packed away the swimsuit and sunblock, recognizing they won't be needed.

All in all though? I'm looking forward to getting home. It's been a pretty long trip, and I've been "on" for most of it. Lots of fun was had, but I'll admit I'm looking forward to getting back on my normal schedule. Next year, come hell or high water, I'm bringing a friend! Or a husband. How weird is it to say THAT?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

A bargain on Rodeo Drive? HA!

(Good thing you were flying in yesterday and not today...)

8/08/2007 9:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home