A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, August 06, 2007

It's Over!

Well, pretty much. Did my second workshop this morning at 11:30, sat in the sun for a bit and read, listened to a couple of editors talk about their "perfect" book, then ran away and hid again. My two favorite places to hide? My room, and the nearby shopping center.

Now, it's all over but for the partying. There's a bus taking us to a wrap party for the faculty and staff, and I fly home tomorrow afternoon. Depending on how long it takes me to repack all my stuff, I may try to hit Rodeo Drive in the morning, which I'm told is about a mile away on foot. Jenna, remember our first trip to LA? I thought I'd try to hit that bridal shop again, this time with a legitimate reason for going in!

And speaking of that trip, and others I've taken in the meantime, I must say: LA is much nicer on an expense account! I'm not giving up my preference for NYC, but I could get used to the weather and the lifestyle, so long as it's on a gold card.

Which ALSO reminds me, in my absence from the office today, a certain memo was presented to the senior partners. Wish me luck!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Luck!

8/06/2007 10:04 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Luck! Don't fall in the pool!

8/07/2007 9:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home