A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Post #700!

Apropos of nothing in particular, I'm trying to get a sense of some rather confidential information as it pertains to my industry, and I'm flumoxed how to go about doing it. Can't just ask, as people would know who's asking, and perhaps be unlikely to share. Could try emailing anonymously, but do I set up a whole new address for that? Should I blind post a comment on someone else's blog, and hope it gets noticed? Ask someone else who is outside the industry to ask people for me? Quite the conundrum.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger alvinaling said...

Wow, I'm so curious.

4/03/2007 12:13 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Mix your methods; you could even say, "I heard someone was asking this question, and I didn't know what to tell him." Depends on how tricksy you want to get :)

4/03/2007 8:30 PM

 
Blogger T.S. said...

I'm with Alvina...totally curious.

4/03/2007 11:30 PM

 
Blogger Ali said...

Hire a singing monkey. The person will be so amused by the simian's clever antics they'll never notice that you're scrolling through their emails or reading their diary or raiding their fridge. Distract and pilfer! DISTRACT AND PILFER!

Could you just get them drunk and ask?

4/04/2007 8:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home