A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I like to plan things

It's just one of the things I like. I like planning parties, vacations, renovations, redecorations, all sorts of stuff. Even if the event is so far in the future to be absurd to think about already. For a housewarming party I'm having this weekend, I've got my list of planned hors d'ouevres, my shopping list, home repairs and such that need to be done before the guests arrive, and an idea of what I'm wearing.

I'm thinking about a beach weekend in April, and it's killing me that I can't firm up plans and book my flights yet, that I have to wait until I get info on a possible work trip that would throw said plans into disarray.

And then there's other stuff filling my head. Wacky stuff. Fun stuff, but totally unnecessary.

I tell you, this planning of things is enough to keep a girl completely distracted from work!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Sebi Next Door said...

You are sooooooo right! I like to plan many things too but sometimes I just cannot book or finalize things because I need to wait for someone else to give me a free pass. For example, I wanted to go back to Japan in February but since I have to go to India in February and April, I just cannot. But after all, some nice unexpected events might come up, which spice up our lifes and smoothen the nasty "not-being-able-to-plan" situations. Greetings from Switzerland

1/24/2007 4:05 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Hello, Switzerland! It's true, I crave the unexpected too, and for all that I like planning, I also love to let someone else I trust implicity make all the arrangements, and I just have to worry about having fun.

1/24/2007 4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home